Thursday, May 6, 2010

Design a Costume

I choose to design costumes for the Broadway production of The Phantom Of The Opera. I really enjoyed reading the script for this play because I enjoyed the play and I enjoyed the movie. When I had to think of how I would dress each character it was a little difficult because I thought of it as a modernized form of The Phantom Of The Opera production not like the one in previous years. I thought it would be fun to create a different look for the production. For the Phantom of the Opera I would give him a jewel incrusted make and his clothes would be fine. I would like to see him wear a nice tuxedo with a glitter touch to it. I would also like for him to wear a velvet cape with a red inner lining. His hair slicked back very and for him to wear gloves. It doesn’t seem very futuristic but I think it should just be modernized then before. Carlotta Giudicelli I would like to see her wardrobe to be more bold with color. I would give her a beautiful blue ballroom dress with the top of the dress embroidered and jeweled. I would want her wardrobe to look very luxurious. Lots of jewels and ballroom gowns with lots of color would really bring out her role to me. Her costume is one of the most important to me hers and the Phantoms seeing as they are the two most important people of the play. These two characters I picked because I would like to see their costumes jazzed up because they are the performance, but at the same time I wouldn’t want to stand out so much that they do not fit in with the rest of the cast or even the entire production.

This would be a mask similar to what I would like the Phantom to wear but with out the feathers. I would also like to see the entire mask covered in jewels.

This is the type of cape I would use for the Phantom.

A dress like this seem like it would fit Carlotta Giudicelli well to me it seems very reserved but at the same time its shows that she is a mature beautiful young lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment